HP® 8566 / 8568 COLOR LCD Retrofit Kit Part # 85662A-LCD-RK
Our 8566 TFT LCD Retrofit Kit revitalizes your 8566 / 8568 spectrum analyzer by replacing your aging CRT with a brand new, state-of-the-art TFT color LCD. The LCD system interfaces the 8566 video memory directly, producing a crisp, clear digital picture. Our interface is transparent to the existing electronics, and all features and capabilities of the old CRT display are preserved.
Note: The 8566B kits are not fully compatible with the 85685 preselector.
- Trace A, B, and C are unique colors for easy recognition
- Two user-selectable color schemes are available. Simply rotate the focus adjustment to select your preferred color scheme!
- Brightness adjustment works as before- Adjust the LCD display brightness as you would the CRT
- Display Off and ON (Shift-G and Shift-H) still work as before
- 50,000 hours typical operating time for replacable LCD backlight
- Designed to be compatible with all GPIB automation software including verification software
- Graphics entered using the keypad are now shown in color
- Weight of instrument is reduced by 6.25 pounds
- Free software utility included - captures the display contents to a Windows-based PC even in fast sweep! (Requires National Instruments GPIB card & drivers)
- One year manufacturer's warranty on parts and labor
$499 per kit includes modified front panel inner bezel casting
$300 additional core charge for your old inner bezel casting.
(Core charge will be refunded upon receipt of a useable bezel casting)
WARNING: Self Installation is recommended only for technicians experienced in the repair of the HP 8566 and trained in the safe removal of high voltage electronics and CRTs.
For an additional $250 installation fee, we will:
- Remove your CRT and high voltage power supply
- Install our LCD kit
- Verify correct operation of the installed LCD system